Are electronic signatures required?
In most North American, European and Asia Pacific countries, electronic signatures are not a requirement of the local tax authorities. In regions where they are not needed we do not encourage them, as they add cost, time and effort for the supplier (and buyer) and only act as a barrier that impacts supplier adoption. In regions where electronic signatures are a requirement, we support them.
What if the supplier is unable to send an ERP generated PDF?
If a supplier is unable to generate a text PDF from their ERP, there are a couple of options:
- Use a free downloadable PDF driver. There a numerous PDF drivers available online, which allow you to print to PDF in the same way you print to a printer. Examples include: CutePDF or Bullzip
- We support document formats such as: XML, HTML, EDI, DOC, CSV etc. that can be delivered either via email or a data transfer protocol such as SFTP, HTTPS, etc.
Does a supplier have to download any software to use CloudTrade?
No. As long as they can produce a freight invoice as a text document e.g. PDF, HTML, EDI, DOC, CSV etc. and can send via email, they don’t need to install any new software.
Can a supplier send more than one freight invoice per mail?
Yes. We can support almost all scenarios that a supplier can throw at us, including:
- One freight invoice file on one email
- Multiple freight invoice files on one email
- Multiple freight invoices in the same file
- Freight invoices and attachments in the same file
- Freight invoice and attachments as separate files
Although PDF files are the most common file type we receive, we support any data file type, including: XML, HTML, EDI, DOC, CSV etc.
Get started processing freight invoices with CloudTrade’s patented technology solution today.